Sunday, January 8, 2012

A non-Ahmadi Frontier Afghan.

A non-Ahmadi Frontier Afghan.
The writing of the Urdu booklet imposed a severe emotional
strain on me. The passage of time - forty-three years - has not
served in the least degree to assuage the heart-ache or to soften the
poignancy of the separation; though in a curious way I have
throughout enjoyed communion with her. Friends have continued
to urge upon me the desirability of making a biographical sketch
of my mother available in English, but I have shrunk from undertaking
the labour of sheer love involved out of fear that the emotional
impact upon me might prove unendurable. Certain recent incidents
have, however, presaged the approach of our reunion. Also there
has been a rapid progressive deepening of sensitive and emotional

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share
 
Design by Wordpress Theme | Bloggerized by Free Blogger Templates | free samples without surveys